Wintershall donating 50,000 euros to social projectsThe traditional Christmas donation is going to charitable and social organizations in Germany, Argentina and Norway
Kassel. With its annual Christmas donation, this year Wintershall is also supporting non-profit organizations in the company’s core regions. The donations amounting to EUR 50,000 are being spent on charitable and social projects. Wintershall is donating to organizations in Kassel, Landau, Emlichheim, Aitingen, Barnstorf, Buenos Aires, Stavanger and Bergen. These are regions where Germany’s largest international oil and gas producer is active.
"We’re delighted that our Christmas donations will again be supporting projects this year aimed at helping people in need. As a company, we bear social responsibility and we therefore want to make a contribution," says Wintershall CEO Mario Mehren.
In 2016, Wintershall is supporting the following facilities in Germany with a total donation of 30,000 euros:
- Soziale Hilfe Kassel – Wintershall is donating to the association in Kassel, which has been helping people in need for around 125 years. In Kassel, the association provides daily food, hygiene and care services to needy and homeless people in its “Panama” daytime drop-in centre. To help maintain these services, Wintershall is donating 10,000 euros to the Soziale Hilfe Kassel association.
- Bundesverband Deutsche Tafel – Across Germany there are 900 food bank associations with more than 2,100 food bank shops and outlets where food is supplied to needy people. Wintershall is donating 17,500 euros for the food banks in Kassel, Landau, Emlichheim and Schwabmünchen (Aitingen).
- Interessengemeinschaft Gesundes Leben (IGEL) is an independent community, advice and service centre. The association has been active in the rural municipality of Diepholz since 1989. The new "Casino – Intercultural" project provides a drop-in centre for people who need support and who seek contact with others. The aim is to integrate people of different cultural, social and national origins. The project will benefit from a EUR 2,500 donation.
Wintershall is donating 20,000 euros to the Verein zur internationalen Verständigung (Association for International Understanding), which is supporting the following projects in the Wintershall core regions of Argentina and Norway:
- Deutsche Wohltätigkeitsgesellschaft – The charitable organisation cares for and supports needy people in Buenos Aires who have been forced into poverty through the deterioration in the economic and social conditions. 10,000 euros will be spent on social work for needy people.
- Kirkens Bymisjon – One of the largest non-profit organizations in Norway, it takes care of people in need. It helps the poor, drug addicts and disadvantaged families. A total of 10,000 euros is being donated to the facilities at the branches in Stavanger and Bergen.
Wintershall Holding GmbH, based in Kassel, Germany, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BASF in Ludwigshafen. The company has been active in the extraction of natural resources for 120 years, and in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas for over 85 years. Wintershall focuses on selected core regions where the company has built up a high level of regional and technological expertise. These are Europe, Russia, North Africa, South America, and increasingly the Middle East region. The company wants to expand its business further with exploration and production, selected partnerships, innovation and technological competence. Wintershall employs about 2.000 staff worldwide from 50 nations and is now Germany’s largest, internationally active crude oil and natural gas producer.
Wintershall. Shaping the future.